Course objective: understand how to develop a strategy to acquire the hardware, software, and skills to produce each of four kinds of podcasts:
- Monologue - speak about your own experience
- Interview-based show - a host interviews others
- Panel podcasts - a host moderates a discussion between a group of guests around a single topic
- Story-telling podcast - either fiction or non-fiction; a host narrates a story that includes sound effects and audio sourced from one or more voice actors
- Podcast for business or personal?
- Podcast format: monologue or interview/panel? Local or remote?
- Podcast format: story telling
- Episode frequency, how to name a podcast, how long should a podcast be
- Recording equipment (which options and why)
- Recording tips
- Editing software
- Sound FX and music
- Editing technique
- Publishing and publishing platforms
- Listener Analytics